In 2023/24 we're working on done.
I am moving from a very compfortable type of business for me (the tech industry) into a brand new and not at all familiar industry: creators. See also New Adventures.
This I am now needing to commit myself to do stuff I don't really want to do: to publish every single day.
It always has been it will continue to do so. Gladly this has always been part of my modus operandi and perfectionisum never really resonated with me. Yet putting myself out there into a new type of business is still scary. But here I am; going pro in paragliding means going all in in content creation. Be it videos for all the socials, written content for this blog and the newsletter, or audio content for a potential podcast. I am going to do it all. And I am going to do it regularly. Publish one piece of content once a day*. Somewhere. Just do it. And then do it again.
The Cult of Done Manifesto is a very good piece of advise and something I am glad exists.
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action, and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
- Once you're done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
I am going to do it. I am going to publish every single day. I am going to do it for the next 100 days. I am going to do it for the next 1000 days. I am going to do it for the next 10.000 days. I am going to do it for
I am currently in the stage of Not Knowing for many things yet I am also in the stage of Action.
See also https://youtu.be/bJQj1uKtnus
*does not include tweets